Monday, April 9, 2012

What's on YOUR Bed

Bonnie Hunter from Quiltville's Quips & Snips is having a Linky Party over on her site here.  She was changing her sheets and quilts today and wanted to know what everyone else had on their beds.  I wanted to play too so here is mine.


Up until this past week it seemed like summer so we only had 1 quilt on the bed.  Then it got chilly at night again.  Down into the 40's.  I had to throw another quilt on the bed.  My DH had double bypass surgery 7 years ago and gets colder than I do.  So he has an extra quilt on his side.  That is my baby kitty Daisy.  She's not really a baby kitty anymore, but that is still how I think of her.


This is DH's Tennessee Music quilt.  We lived in Nashville for a while and he was a musician.  I just wanted him something to remember our time there.  Of course it is Tennessee orange and there is also music fabric in there.  I did machine embroidery on it for him.  I even let him pick out the pattern from Marcie Hohn Quilter's Cache here.


Here is a close up of the center.  The bottom left green thing is his logo.


And for the back I used a piece of music fabric I had left for the center and then just put leftover orange and black until the back was large enough.


On my half and under his quilt is my split nine patch.  I am in a couple of other yahoo groups and one of them had this swap back in 2001.  I had just bought my tri recs ruler at the time and wanted to try it out.  I interspersed my split nine patches with them.  I have the rest of the split nine patches on the border.


Under that and what I had on in the first place my friendship star swap.  This was from the same group I did the split nine patches with.  I did a piano key border before I even knew what a piano key border was.  I thought I was being creative doing it.  These are from 2000 and most of the stars are signed by the person who made it with the date and their city.  It has been washed many many times and the signatures are still there.


My piano key border with my half square triangles. 



Signatures still there.

I hope you have enjoyed your tour of what is on my bed.  Now what is on your bed?

Sandy

9 comments:

  1. Good morning!! I love all your quilts. I'm particularly fond of any star blocks...I think I am gonna make a star block quilt next. Right now, I am in the process of making a quilt for DH...just a simple log cabin type 12" block using bright fabrics. He likes to cover with a quilt while he is sitting in his recliner watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments. I would love to see your quilt when you are finished. I love bright fabrics.

      Delete
  2. all your quilts a just lovely!! I wish I had that many quilts to choose from. I just don't quilt for myeslf very often :):) higs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I make as many for myself as I give away. It is so much fun to create.

      Delete
  3. Love the friendship star quilt! That is one of my favorite blocks, and the piano key border is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the friendship star too. In fact, I think I love all star blocks.

      Delete
  4. That friendship star is really pretty. My oldest just moved to Tennessee this year to attend college there, so I'm partial to your orange. Her school colors are orange and black. She is attending a very small liberal arts school and has fallen in love with the seasons in Tennessee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Besides lovely quilts on your bed, are the special memories with all three! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your beautiful quilts ... The music quilt really caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete