Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bibs

I love to sew.  I have been sewing since I was 5.  My mom would make most of my clothes and it was just the natural progression of things.  I have been quilting since my oldest was born. That was 35 years ago.  I taught sewing at the Girls Club in Pasadena, California for 2 years when I was 16.  That was my first paying job. 

I have 11 grandchildren who range in age from 3-17.  So it is only fitting that I make baby bibs.  I have 4 cats and a dog.  I could only get 1 cat and the dog to be my model.

This is Dottie.  She is showing off the alligator bib.
Next up is Sadie in the the lady bug bib.  I think it really needed to be brighter.  The pattern called for buttons to be used for the eyes, but I was afraid that if they fell off a baby might choak on them, so I made the eyes out of felt.
I really like this strawberry.  I think this one was the most fun to make.
I forgot to get someone to model my bull bib.  Isn't he a cutie?

Sandy in TN

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, your bibs and espcially your bib models. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete