Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Sunday everyone!!!  Today I decided that I wanted to make a shopping bag from a new pattern that I have.  I started off with the green and pink fabric and built the rest of my bag around it.  The red fabric I dyed myself a few years ago.  I thought it went great with the flowers.  DH and I couldn't decided between gold, orange or white for the rest.  I think the gold we settled on goes well.

This shows a better view of the green and the red.



I also put a decorative stitch around the top.  I am so excited about this bag, I think I want to make a few more.  Maybe some orange and white for Tennessee and green and gold for the packers.  I just may be on to something here.

Next weekend I want to make a purse.  I have the fabrics picked out.  I will be using so batiks for it.  I'm trying to expand my horizons....lol

I hope everyone has a great week and I will talk to ya later.....

Sandy in TN

3 comments:

  1. Good morning, Sandy. I love your shopping bag and the fabrics are perfect together. Now you make me want to make one. lol I may just do that after I finish my "Imagine" quilt. Got the fabric for the backing yesterday and plan on sandwiching it and start the quilting today. Have a beautiful week, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Sandy! Your shopping bag is beautiful and I must like your taste in fabrics because I own some of that golden/tan foliage fabric myself. Make a card with your phone number on it to bring with you when you shop. Everyone will see your bag and want to buy one!

      Delete
  2. Hi Sandy. What a great looking shopping bag. Love the colors. You are so talented. Can't wait to see the Green and Gold Packers bag. ~ Terri in Greenfield, Wisc

    ReplyDelete