Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Mountain Quiltfest


Lookie at what I got!!!!  I went to A Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge on Friday.  I really enjoyed looking around at all the vendors and quilts they had.  The first vendor I stopped at had scrap bags (I love scraps) for $2.99.  I bought 7 and he asked how many were left.  I told him 4 and he told me to go ahead and take them.  So after tax it was a little over $23 for my 11 bags of scraps.   I took my 11 bags of scraps out to my car so I could go back in and look some more.  I also bought a new pair of sissors and a pattern.  I got home and sorted them out.  There was some flannel and some cotton.  Of course I had to see just how much fabric I came home with.  The were full width of fabric cuts from 2 inches to 24 inches.  I ended up with 5 yards of flannel and 9 1/2 yards of cotton.  I have it all washed and now I'm ironing it so I can introduce it to all my other fabric. 

This morning I decided I wanted to clean out my storage drawers.  So I spent about 3 hours sorting everything out and now I have all my flannel together instead of in 4 different drawers.  I started working on my Barristers Sow-A-Long! blocks.  I've got the last 3 done and I just have to do the 2 bonus blocks yet.  I have them all cut out, just have to find time to sew them together. 


I also choose my fabrics for the Quilt For Valor mystery quilt.  If you would like to play along on the mystery quilt go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MysteryQuilts4Military/ and sign up.  A new clue is posted every Friday. 

I hope y'all have a wonderful week.  I'll talk to ya later,

Sandy in TN

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! You did good! That's alot of fabric. I love scrap bags too because you never know what treasures you're gonna get. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete