Tuesday, December 18, 2012

We are still walking down Easy Street

I haven't been able to keep up with Easy Street as I was busy working on a customer's weighted blanket.  If you don't know what a weighted blanket is, it is a blanket with pellet filling that makes the blanket heavy.  They are used by autistic children and adults.  They have a calming effect while they are covering the person.  It's like putting 5 or 6 quilts on top of you.

So, I was 2 weeks behind in Bonnie Hunters Easy Street.  If you would like to participate, click here and it will take you to her site. It is not too late to start.  Anyway, part 2 was to make 128 flying geese. 
In step 3, we got to make 64 shaded 4 patches.
So this week for part 4 we got to make 64 more flying geese and these we attached to 64 of the flying geese from part 2.
So now I am caught up with my parts and I hope that I can keep up.  My design wall looks like this right now...
I love to have this right in front of me while I work.  I will see everyone next week with an update on the next part.  I know that next week we will be using lime green, and I can't wait!

peace,

3 comments:

  1. Great that you have managed to join us

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some good looking geese flying there Sandy! Thanks for explaining what a weighted blanket is. Glad that you've caught up now. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete